Wednesday 6 July 2011

Scott Pilgrim vs The World

I've watched 3 Micheal Cera films now. One was one of the best films in history (Superbad) and the other two were wierd and/ or depressing. This one is a film aimed at a small group of the population, emo's. It is probably a great film if you are an emo type person but if you aren't and you aren't into very strange films then I'd advise you to stay away from this one.


It has potential but it's sillyness is a bit over the top, even for me. I gave up on it just as Michael Cera is about to fight the blonde, gothy girl. The fight between him and the Vegan was the icing on the cake for me, or should I say the pepper on the sandwich (as I don't like them). This Vegan guy has special powers just for being a Vegan and then he attacks Michael Cera with these super- villian type powers before Michael Cera tricks him into drinking a 'half and half' coffee which goes against him being a Vegan. By this point, Michael Cera has been thrown way into the air and dropped back to the floor and been thrown through about 10 brick walls and is still perfectly fine despite no indication in the film that he has super- powers to deal with this kind of treatment. Ayway, the Vegan police come out of nowehere and arrest the Vegan guy before Michael Cera headbutts him and he disappears into thin air. That was the last straw.

I would warn people off this film, however I understand the appeal to some people and it's not as bad as Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist which is irritating and depressing. I would give this one a 4/10, as there are two or three decent characters in the film, including the girl and the guy who played 'Fuller' in Home Alone, good times. But yes, a low 4 does it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment