Monday 10 October 2011

Inside Man



I went in to watching this thinking 'at worst, this will only be OK.' And I was right. It was OK. 6/10. That's because it should have been better and it went on for too long. You wouldn't believe how little happens for long periods of this film, as it is exactly 2 hours long and yet there isn't much action or suspense. And these 2 ingredients are vital for serving up a nice big thriller action film pie.

Like I say, it's decent in that there is suspense in small doses, it keeps you thinking and there are some decent characters. But it should be better. There needs to be more action and a better ending. The ending is complicated but one I think I get after thinking about it, however the ending still wasn't really exciting enough.

When you finish a film and are thinking 'oh, is that it?' then it's not quite lived up to it's expectations. It should have been better. There needs to be more tension between the cops and the robbers and the main baddie, Clive Owen, could do with being a bit more nasty.

It should have had at least 20 minutes taken off it and it should have had more action in it. It sounds like I'm saying it's awful, but I'm not. I'm just pointing out the negatives and saying it was OK, but not as good as it should have been.

Overall, I'd recommend this as a good 'back- up plan'. If there's another film available and you can't decide which to watch, go for the other one. This is OK, but that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment